Thursday, August 14, 2008

backlighting on couple



LanceBurnsPhotography.com

Hi All!  Well the image that we are looking at today was shot about 4 months ago.The first images is the original that was shot in camera (see specs below).  After the ceremony the crowd dispersed and the family and the couple were left in the church. I decided to try something a bit different with this image.  I took an SB-800 and had my assistant hold the flash directly behind the couple and aimed towards their waists.  I had direct control of this flash by using the SU-800 on the camera.  The flash was on TTL, and I set the flash to 2 over so we would get the rim lighting.  I shot this with no front lighting and the original image was cool, but I wanted to get some more light on the front of the couple. Lucky I shot this in RAW (NEF, I am a nikon shooter if you haven't noticed).  I brought the exposure up by 2 stops after the shoot, and used NIK DFine to sharpen parts of the image. Remember, season to taste!  You have to like the images you put out there.

Specs: Nikon D200, 17-55 mm @ 19.0 mm, F/2.8 @ 1/125, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment