Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family shot



This weekend I was out shooting a family. Now, I had picked out a nice little spot by some water that was rather serene and tranquile. A spot that I thought the family would like. Well, when we got chatting, the mom indicated that she had a great spot all picked out and the colour of the trees were full of autumn. I asked where it was and she told me it was on the side of a road in the city. No big deal, but this is one of the busiest roads in our city and the traffic was loud and constant and the ability to communicate was almost nil. I took this challenge and luckily had my wife, er, assistant with me. As we set about getting ready to shoot the scene, I noticed that we did have great autumn colours but we couldn't communicate over the noise. I actually had to have my assistant stand halfway between me and the family so we could rely information! 

All in all, we captured some fantastic images of this beautiful family. It is worth noting that it is very, very difficult to get a 2 year old to smile on command. The girl was NOT willing to smile this way so I had the kids run around for a bit and captured a candid image of her smiling and plopped that head into this family shot. Not to bad eh? I also started to use the Viveza plug-in for Aperture. What a great plug-in. This allowed me to spark-up the image before I did any work in photoshop. VERY Impressed!

Specs: Nikon D200, 70-200mm @ 200 mm, F/5.0 @ 1/90

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment