Monday, September 1, 2008

Wedding shoot.


LanceBurnsPhotography.com

Hi All.  I know that I haven't updated my site in a few weeks.  Things have been extra busy for me.  Anyhow, I have something to share that I think is pretty cool.  I wanted to talk about the Mac program Aperture, and the plug-in Viveza.  I am pretty pumped up about how well the two programs work together.  Let's start by saying that when you bring your RAW image into Aperture you are able to tweak the colour, the density, and shadow/highlight features of the image - there are more features, but these are the basics.  Once you have your image(s) properly balanced you can then right click on your image and edit with your program of choice.  My default choice is Capture NX due to the UPoint technology, but there are other options I have, such as photoshop, dodge and burn, and now Viveza. By looking at the before and after image, I wanted to point out that this image has yet to hit photoshop.  The intuitive control points that allow you to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and hue, as well as the RGB colours independently, AND a warmth control which functions like the photoshop filter, photo filter.

The third image has some post production work in Photoshop.  notice the lack of flag poles in the background, and the colour of the hand bag.

Take a look at the before and after image.  I think Aperture is starting to look like a professional program. By allowing use of third party plug-ins we are starting to actually work with images within one environment.  How original! In a future post we will look at the very, very useful program called Noise Ninja.  Why you don't own this program yet is beyond me..... 

Specs: Nikon D200, SB-800 off camera left, SU-800 on camera, ISO 400, F/4 @ 1/1600 s. Exposure Bias = +1.0, 10.5 mm fisheye lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment